This past October, my mom, Patricia Ann Prutzman nee Johnson passed away. The autoimmune disease that so ravaged her body had become too much for even her to battle. Scleroderma had completely taken over her body. In those last days, she still carried the air of quiet dignity and warm kindness that she was known for. It was what caused strangers to be attracted to her and made those close to her cherish "all things Mom." She was an unusual person whose adamant faith, fighting spirit, exceptionally sharp mind, and intuitive awareness made for some amazing triumphs and some dark struggles. It was what made her exceptional at things most people would consider impossible like teaching herself languages (yes, that is plural) and dreadful at things most people consider simple like using a television remote control. What made someone with such extremes so likeable? Her transparency. Her willingness to open up her heart and share her life. Why? Because other people had difficulties too. They might benefit from her journey. This is the legacy of Mom and it is from that legacy that this blog is born.
An amazing strong and blessed woman. I miss her too. But I'll glad the last time I saw her was on what I believe was both of your's most happy day! Got to share her happy smile and tears.
ReplyDelete